The databases listed above are tools for research. How do they stack up? Try searching: valuation AND water. Then evaluate the results according to the following questions:
- How would you characterize the search results, according to number and relevance? Is it mostly economics, or other disciplines too?
- Does it contain the most recent issues of journals? What was the most recent journal article result?
- Does the database include working papers? Books?
- Does it contain journals likely to publish research on your topic? For example, does it index articles in the Journal of Environmental Economics & Management?
- Does it search the full text of articles?
- Can you identify what publications have cited an article?