Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting Started with a Topic
Compare kinds of sources
- Who wrote the article? What do you know about their credentials?
- What kinds of documentation/citation of evidence appear in the article?
- How is the article structured? What kinds of headings do you see in the article?
- What kinds of images appear in the article?
- What kinds of quotations appear in the article?
- What is the publication that published this article? Who do you think is its intended audience? Who might read it and why?
Ladd Library, once upon a time...
Subjects: African Studies
, Asian Studies
, Environmental Studies
, Languages and Literatures
, Legal Studies
, U. S. History