Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Capturing Tweets with NCapture and Nvivo
You can use the NCapture Chrome plug-in to download tweets from the previous seven days, to be analyzed with NVivo. This requires:
- a Twitter account
- Chrome web browser
- NVivo software
- In Chrome, install the NCapture extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Still in Chrome, go to the Twitter Advanced Search (https://twitter.com/search-advanced) and search for the desired tweets.
- In the upper right corner of Chrome, look for the NCapture logo. You may have to click on the puzzle piece icon to see all of your extensions.
- After you've accepted the license agreement, select the Tweet as Dataset button and click Capture.
- Authorize the app. You may have to log in with your Twitter username and password.
- When the process has finished, you will find a file with a .ncvx file extension. This can be imported into NVivo using these instructions.
Subjects: African Studies
, Asian Studies
, Environmental Studies
, Languages and Literatures
, Legal Studies
, U. S. History