Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
EndNote — What Is It?
- It's a citation management system that allows you to manually create or automatically import bibliographic information.
- It can be used for books, journal articles,electronic resources, newspapers, CDs, and DVDs.
- References can be organized (subject, project, etc.).
- Insert citations directly into a Microsoft Word document.
- Create bibliographies formatted to follow almost any modern style convention.
- It's available on all Bates computer lab machines.
- Your EndNote library can be synched with the EndNote Online web application, making it accessible from any internet connected browser.
Important Links for Using EndNote for DCS 206
EndNote Installer Links
To get the most from these short videos, you should download and install the EndNote program. Links for downloading the installers for either Windows or Mac operating systems are provided below.
Note that you will be asked to login using your Bates username and password.
With the program successfully installed, review these short EndNote videos created for you by your Bates Research Librarians.
Exporting Your Bibliography From EndNote
Sometimes it is useful to be able to export a bibliography of selected references without having to insert the citations into a Word document. This library guide page walks you through the steps necessary to do this.