Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
SocINDEX with Full Text
Sociology journal article abstracts with some full text. Coverage: 1895-present soc index
Academic Search Complete
Full text journals and magazines in virtually every area of academic study.
ebsco scholarly articles
Anthropology, archaeology, and related interdisciplinary research. Coverage: 19th century to present
Getting Started with a Topic
Search to find recommended sources on scholarly topics. Most bibliographies include textbooks and general introductions.
Search for in-depth literature reviews (summaries of research on a topic) in the Annual Review of Anthropology and other related journals.
- What books are on reserve for this course? How long can you check them out?
- How can you make an appointment with a research librarian?
- How do you know whether Bates has a book?
- How do you make requests for books and other things not at Bates?
- How long can you check out a book?
Ladd Library, once upon a time...
Subjects: African Studies
, Asian Studies
, Environmental Studies
, European Studies
, Languages and Literatures
, Legal Studies
, U. S. History