Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The above databases, except Scopus and eHRAF, can be searched all at once, using a combined search by clicking "Choose Databases."
What is it? A book, an article? Scholarly, or not? Do we have it at Bates? Let's find out.
- Davis, L. (1997). The swimsuit issue and sport: Hegemonic masculinity in “Sports Illustrated.” Albany: State University of New York Press.
- Sailors, P. R., Teetzel, S. J., & Weaving, C. (2012). The complexities of sport, gender, and drug testing. The American Journal of Bioethics, 12(7), 23-25. doi:10.1080/15265161.2012.680541
- Agassi, A. (2009). Open : an autobiography. New York: Knopf.
- Baldassaro, L. (2002) “Before Joe D: Early Italian Americans in the Major Leagues.” In L. Baldassaro & R. A. Johnson (Eds.), The American Game: Baseball and Ethnicity, (pp. 92-115). Carbondale, IL: Southern Illinois University Press.
- Verducci, T. (2012). To cheat or not to cheat. Sports Illustrated, June 4, 38-51
Getting Started with a Topic
, Asian Studies
, Environmental Studies
, European Studies
, Gender and Sexuality Studies
, Latin American Studies
, Legal Studies
, U. S. History