Perform a search and click on the folder icon to right of the desired citations. Then click on the Folder link in the top menu bar to see your selected citations.
Select all desired records and export.
Select the "Direct Export in RIS Format" button and then "Save".
To import records from JSTOR:
To import records from PubMed:
1. Select desired records from a PubMed search.
2. From the “send to” dropdown, choose "File" for destination and "MEDLINE" as Format. Then "Create File".
3. The created file is called "citations.nbib". Open this file using EndNote X8. The first time you attempt to open a *.nbib file, you will be able to associated the file type with the EndNote application.
4. Your references will be displayed in the "Imported References" group of your EndNote Application.
5. If the citation information imported into Endnote seems incomplete, you might need to switch your import filter by manually importing the *.nbib file. Do this by selecting File ->Import -> File...
Navigate to and select the *.nbib file. Also change the import filter to be "PubMed (NLM)". Then select the Import button.
Subsequent citations from PubMed should get imported correctly by double clicking the *.nbib file.
5. You are done. As always, check you imported references for accuracy.
From the export screen, select the "Citation export format" and then "Export". Be sure to note the name of the exported text file.
Open the exported file using EndNote X8. Your new references should be available in the "Imported References' group of your EndNote library.